40th and San Pablo Bus Hub Concept Design
The City has developed a 40th Street Concept Plan to create bus-only lanes (one by converting the westbound mixed-flow lane to bus-only), a two-way bikeway on the north side of the street, bicycle-pedestrian intersection improvements, bus stop improvements including passenger boarding areas, and streetscaping with opportunities for green infrastructure (natural storm water treatment) and public art.
A traffic study estimates that these changes would reduce eastbound bus travel times by 1.5 minutes during the evening rush hour. They would increase westbound auto and truck travel times by 1.2 minutes during the evening rush hour and 1.0 minutes during the morning rush hour.
The Conceptual Design Memorandum describes the concept development process, draft preferred concept design, multimodal operations analysis, preliminary cost estimate, and next steps.
This survey gives you a way to learn more and share your thoughts with us.
To find out more and join the discussion, you can attend the following meetings:
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 5:30 p.m., Community Workshop at Old Town Hall, Council Chambers, 1333 Park Avenue (near Hollis Street), light refreshments provided. Open house with presentation at 6:00.
- Thursday, May 23, third item on agenda for 6:30 p.m. Planning Commission meeting at Old Town Hall, Council Chambers, 1333 Park Avenue (at Hollis Street): Staff Report with Conceptual Design Memorandum
- Monday, June 3, on agenda for 5:30 p.m. Bicycle/Pedestrian Committee meeting, Garden Level, Old Town Hall, 1333 Park Avenue (at Hollis Street)
- Thursday, June 13, on agenda for 5:30 p.m. Public Art Committee meeting, Garden Level, Old Town Hall, 1333 Park Avenue (at Hollis Street)
- Thursday, June 20, on agenda for after 10:30 a.m. at 10:00 a.m. Transportation Committee Meeting, Garden Level, Old Town Hall, 1333 Park Avenue (at Hollis Street)
- Tuesday, July 9, on agenda for 7:15 p.m., regular City Council meeting, Council Chambers, Old Town Hall, 1333 Park Avenue (at Hollis Street)
1333 Park Avenue
Emeryville, Ca 94608
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.