Homeless Outreach Services RFP
The City of Emeryville (“City”) is seeking providers who have demonstrated success in homeless outreach and housing navigation services to provide support to people experiencing homelessness in Emeryville. Specifically, the City seeks proposals for a 2 to 3-year contract from providers who can offer the following services:
· Homeless outreach services (40 hours/week outreach services as further described in Section III Scope of Work).
· Consideration of common barriers to navigating unhoused persons into shelter and permanent housing include mental health and drug addiction/other social or behavioral issues. Outreach proposals should consider:
o Flexible schedules.
o Flexible and consistent staffing.
o Supportive mental health component.
o Systems coordination.
o Budget. A Budget proposal commensurate with current funding levels as articulated in Section II, Background of the RFP document.
NOTE: The Mandatory Pre-Proposal meeting has been cancelled, no preproposal meeting will be held. Interested parties should submit any questions on the RFP as directed in Addendum No. 1 posted below.
NOTE: Addendum No. 2 (posted below) revises the RFP schedule. Responses are now due by 5:00 P.M. Friday, April 10 2020.
NOTE: Addendum No. 3 (posted below) revises the RFP submittal format to electronic-only due to recent public health directives.
4300 San Pablo Avenue RFQ/P
The City of Emeryville, California is inviting developers to submit proposals to design and develop an affordable senior or inter-generational rental housing project on a 0.47 acre site located at 4300 San Pablo Avenue.
The overall objectives of the Request for Qualifications and Proposals (RFQ/P) are:
- To select a developer (non-profit or for-profit) that is qualified, experienced, and has the capacity to undertake the design and development of an affordable rental housing project that maximizes the number of affordable units.
- To implement an affordable housing project that effectively serves extremely low-, very low-, and low-income senior households and/or youth in an inter-generational housing model, including youth transitioning from the foster care system.
- To implement a project that adheres to all appropriate Design Considerations including the City of Emeryville’s Planning Regulations, Design Guidelines, Green Design requirements and the San Pablo Avenue Urban Design Plan.
- To meet the goals and objectives of the City of Emeryville’s 2015–2023 Housing Element of the City’s General Plan.
- To minimize to the greatest extent possible, the City’s financial assistance by using outside resources such as private, state, and federal programs.
- To ensure the financial sustainability of the project by selecting a developer able to demonstrate its capacity to sustain both its own financial health as well as that of the development project.
Interested applicants are required to attend a mandatory pre- submittal meeting on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 10 am located at Emeryville City Hall located at 1333 Park Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 followed by a site visit at 4300 San Pablo Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608.
Firms are asked to submit their proposal for Phase 1 of the selection process by Noon, Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Selected Firms are asked to submit their proposal for Phase 2 of the selection process by 4:59pm, Friday, April 10, 2020.
Developer Selection Process and Project Schedule
|RFQ/P Distributed||September 24, 2019|
|Pre-Submission Meeting & Site Walk|
(Developers are Required to Attend)
|October 1, 2019 at 10 am|
|Phase 1 Submission Due||November 7, 2019 at Noon|
|Applicant Short List Announced||January 2020|
|Phase 2 Submission Due||April 10, 2020|
|Interviews of Short List by Housing Committee||May 4-8, 2020|
|Housing Committee Recommendations||June 3, 2020|
|Award by City Council||July 2020|
Map of Emeryville
Photographs of Property and Aerial Site Photo
Allowable Development Calculations
Zoning and Use Classification Table
Estimated Parking Demands
City of Emeryville Design Guidelines
Environmental Remediation Documents- Phase 1
Project Information Sheet
Housing Affordability Table
Sources and Uses Budget Template
30 Year Cash Flow Pro Forma Template
Emeryville Housing Element Goals, Objectives, Policies and Programs
Pre-Submittal Sign-in Sheets
Phase 2 Clarifications (NEW)
Allowable Development Calculations: Updated - Phase 2 (NEW)
Phase 2 Clarifications FAQs (NEW)