Homeless Outreach/Housing Navigation Services (Due by Friday May 26, 2023 5:00 P.M.)
The City is seeking providers to provide homeless outreach and housing navigation services to the City. The selected provider will work with existing homeless services to reduce and prevent homelessness in Emeryville and strengthen the physical health, mental health and social service supports for Emeryville’s unhoused residents. The selected service provider will be vital in the shift towards housing and connecting vulnerable individuals to basic human rights in a dignified manner. The City expects to engage with the selected service provider for a three-year contract. See RFP (linked below) for full work task details.
Affordable Housing Program Assistance RFP (Closed)
The City is seeking the services of a professional service provider (“Firm”) to provide Affordable Housing Program Assistance, which includes:
- Managing the resale of BMR homeowner units
- Processing BMR Homeownership and Down Payment Assistance applications
- Processing requests for homeowner loan payoffs and subordinations
- Monitoring owner occupancy requirements
- Reviewing initial income verification for new BMR rental units
- Reviewing BMR Rental Annual Compliance Reports
- Provide training and technical assistance on BMR requirements and guidelines to BMR Property Managers
- Monitor the BMR Ownership portfolio and provide foreclosure prevention referrals to homeowners and recommendations on asset retention to the City
- Responding to inquiries, maintaining records and resolving questions and issues that arise during program operation.
The Firm should have a background in administering similar affordable homebuyer and rental programs for municipalities and should be able to commence work for the City in March 2023.
All questions must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Affordable Housing Program Assistance RFP in the subject line.
All questions received by 5 PM on January 29, 2023 will be posted with responses to this webpage by 5 PM on January 31, 2023.
Completed proposals must be submitted via email to email@example.com by Friday, February 10, 2023 at 5:00pm. Click the links below to review the RFP.
Adeline Sites Redevelopment RFP (Closed)
The City of Emeryville is seeking a qualified and experienced development team to design, construct, own and manage an affordable shared-housing project, located at 3602 Adeline Street and 1122 36th Street (together, the "Adeline Sites"), to rent to extremely low- and very low-income individuals, with a preference for formerly incarcerate individual. The ideal development will incorporate thoughtful design to maximize the number of private bedrooms and bathrooms, create a safe and secure shared indoor and outdoor living environment, while maintaining the neighborhood character.
The City has established the following primary development goals for the Adeline Sites:
- To select a developer (non-profit or for-profit) that is qualified, experienced, and has the capacity to undertake the design, construction, and management of an affordable shared living rental housing project
- Maximize the number of bedrooms to be developed on the site.
- Provide affordable housing opportunities to extremely low, and very low-income individuals who are able to live independently and are a part of a special needs group, such as formerly incarcerated individuals, developmentally disabled individuals or transitional aged youth.
- To incorporate an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit(s) (JADU) on the site for rent.
- To ensure the financial sustainability of the project by selecting a developer able to demonstrate its capacity to sustain the operation of the development project.
A mandatory per-proposal meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 10:00 AM via zoom at the following link. To view this recording, click here. To view the attendee list, click here.
Submissions are due by 12:00 p.m., Monday, August 22, 2022. Submissions should be delivered electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RFP, attachments and background documents are available below:
Request for Proposals & Qualifications
Attachment #2-Photographs of Property
Attachment #4- Design Guidelines
Attachment # 5-Sources & Uses Budget Template
Christie Sites Redevelopment RFP (Closed)
The City of Emeryville (City) is seeking a qualified development team composed of one or more development entities, an architect and structural engineer, to partner on the redevelopment of 5890, 5900 and 6150 Christie Avenue (together, the "Christie Sites"). The Christie Sites represent one of the last remaining large redevelopment opportunities for the City. The ideal redevelopment will maximize the number of housing units and the number of affordable housing units on site, incorporate thoughtful design, serve a broad spectrum of income levels, provide community benefits, and remain consistent with the City’s vision for the neighborhood.
The City has established the following primary development goals for the Christie Sites:
- Maximize the number of housing units developed on the site.
- Maximize the number of affordable housing units on the site serving a range of target income levels from extremely low income to market rate.
- Develop family friendly housing providing three- and/or four-bedroom units and amenities accommodating people of all ages on the site.
- Develop an energy efficient and carbon neutral (preferably Net Zero Energy) development.
- Expand Christie Park.
- Provide connections to the Marketplace Redevelopment Project, and integration with existing and planned pedestrian routes and bikeways.
- Develop a sustainable commercial or non-profit transportation use (e.g. electric bike rental) as an ancillary retail use.
A mandatory pre-proposal meeting was held on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 10:00 AM via Zoom.
Submissions are due by 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on August 5, 2022. All inquiries regarding this RFP should be directed to Chadrick Smalley at email@example.com with copy to Valerie Bernardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RFP, attachments and background documents are available below:
Addendum No. 1 (July 19, 2022)
Addendum No. 2 (July 28, 2022)
Addendum No. 3 (August 1, 2022)
ALTA Survey - 5890-5900 Christie
Zoning and Use Classification Table
City of Emeryville Design Guidelines
Soil Sampling Program - June 1989 - 5900 & 6150 Christie
Tank Removal Report - June 1989 - 6150 Christie
Tank Removal Report - August 1989 - 5900 Christie
Phase I ESA - January 1992 - 5890-5892 Christie
Phase I ESA - August 1999 - 5900 Christie
Geotechnical Investigation - November 1999 - 5900 Christie
Environmental Transaction Screen - June 2001 - 5900 Christie
Phase I & II ESA - May 2011 - 5890-5900 Christie