Expanded Learning Program
We are excited to begin the registration process for the 2021-2022 Expanded Learning Program!
How to Register:
Do the following steps in order:
- Please read the Expanded Learning Program Family Handbook in its entirety by clicking here. Call our office at 510-596-4395 if you have any questions regarding our program policies or procedures. It is imperative that you find our program a fit for your family and child(ren), prior to enrollment.
- Go to civic rec to complete the required online family orientation by clicking here. Create an account if needed and save your login information. You cannot register for our program if you have not completed the family orientation. The “Rec” 2021-22 Expanded Leaning Program
- Fill out the 2021-2022 Expanded Learning Program Registration Form by clicking here. To limit calls into our office during this busy time, please allow 3 business days for us to confirm receipt of your registration form via email. Do not forget to complete the family orientation in step number 2 prior to completing this registration form.
- Make payment
- Beginning on August 2nd we will issue acceptance or waitlist emails to families letting them know they have been accepted into program with a payment link, or their status on the waitlist. If you have been accepted into program, payment is due by August 11, 2021 at 6:00pm. If payment is not received by this deadline your spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist. If you do not hear back from us regarding your acceptance into the program by August 6, 2021, please call our office to check on your enrollment status. 510-596-4395.
- ONLY If applicable to you: Complete the sliding scale payment application if you feel you will qualify based on your household income and family size. They are due as soon as possible. You can find the application by clicking here. Likewise, 3rd party contracts such as Banana's, 4C's, or Hively are also due as soon as possible. Please start gathering these items now.
Note: Waitlist enrollment will begin on August 12, 2021. If you are enrolling off of the waitlist, payment is due by August 17, 2021 at 6:00pm.
- Academic Support: our staff try to create a supportive environment and a quiet space for students to work on homework, study, or practice academic skills.
- Enrichment: staff lead students in planned activities that may include: arts and crafts, STEM, sports, and themed activities.
- Snack: all students will receive a nutritious snack provided by the Emery Unified School District (EUSD).
Important Policies to Review in the Family Handbook:
- Attendance Policy: All students must attend program everyday until 5:45pm. Excessive absences or early pickups before 5:45pm will result in your student losing their spot in program.
- Payment policy: Payments must be made by the deadlines given or your student will be dropped from program. There is no grace period or late payment period. Feel free to pay in advance or enroll in our automatic payment program. Please see payment calendar at the bottom of this webpage.
- Behavior policy: Please review our program behavior guidelines with your child(ren) prior to enrollment.
- What grades do you serve? We serve grades TK-8th grade. (Please inquire about our 9th/10th grade students Leaders in Training Program)
- Will you also be doing a Before School Program? Due to limited staff availability we are not able to provide a before school year program this year.
- How much does program cost?
- TK/K: $284R/$289NR a month
- 1st-5th: $213R/$218NR a month
- Teens (6th-8th): $30R/$35NR
- Do you have other payment options for families who cannot pay in full? Yes, we have a sliding scale application you can fill out and see if you're qualified for. You can find that application here. We also accept 3rd party payments from programs like Bananas, 4C's or Hively. We also give a sibling discount to full paying parents.
- What is your program's mask requirement? Out of an abundance of caution at this time, we require all children to wear a mask indoors and outdoors at all times, unless they are eating. Children are sometimes not able to stay socially distant when playing outside, so implementing the other safety measure of wearing a mask is needed.
- Do you accept applications on a first come, first served basis? We will accept applications and enroll based on the following priority list: resident, Anna Yates student, family need, student academic/social need. Space is limited.
- I'm not a resident and my child does not go to Anna Yates School, can I still enroll in program? Yes! we are open to the public. Please indicate your child's school on the application.
- Do you ensure that homework is complete and correct? Due to staff ratio limits we aren't able to ensure that homework is complete, correct or turned in on time. It is the responsibility of the student to ask for support when needed and do any unfinished homework at home. Please follow up with your child once you get home and review their homework along with what was assigned. Please call us to discuss your child's needs during homework time and we will do our best to support their academic goals. Also, make note of when our program does homework time. Early pickups and parallel programing will affect their ability to complete their homework.
- Can my child bring their own snack? Yes, feel free to bring additional snacks if your child may want one. We request that all additional food options are healthy and must be nut free. We cannot heat up food. Our snacks usually consist of milk and a dairy product. We can store cold food items for students who are lactose-free or vegan.
- Who can I speak to about billing and when I have general questions? You can call our front office at 510-596-4395 and one of our office staff will be happy to help you.
- Who can I speak to about program concerns or policy exceptions? You can call Christen Gray, the Youth Services Supervisor at 510-596-4396.
- Where is your program and/or office located? We are located at the Emeryville Center of Community Life (ECCL) complex which houses the Anna Yates K-8 School, Emery High School, EUSD District Offices, and the Emeryville Community Services Office. Our campus has a sprawling turf field/track, pool and gym. Our office address is 4727 San Pablo Ave. Emeryville Ca. 94608. Enter through the A1 gate on San Pablo and go to the lobby in building B to your left.
Month of Service: Payment Due Date
- August/September: August 11, 2021 by 6:00pm
- October: Wednesday September 1, 2021 by 6:00pm
- November: Friday October 1, 2021 6:00pm
- December: Monday November 1, 2021 by 6:00pm
- January: Wednesday December 1, 2021 by 6:00pm
- February: January 3, 2022 by 6:00pm
- March: Tuesday February 1, 2022 by 6:00pm
- April: Tuesday March 1, 2022 by 6:00pm
- May/June:Friday April 1, 2022 by 6:00pm