- Feature Links
- COMMUNITY PROMOTIONS GRANT
COMMUNITY PROMOTIONS GRANT
COMMUNITY PROMOTIONS GRANT PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The City of Emeryville awards monies to programs or specific community projects that improve the quality of life and build civic pride in Emeryville. The categories covered by this funding are special events, education programs, or similar activities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRANT CONSIDERATION
Organizations or individuals wishing to apply for a Community Grant must comply with the following requirements:
- Organization or individual must be located in Emeryville, or the activity for which the request is being made must occur in Emeryville.
- Program or project must directly benefit the Emeryville community and provide long-term community benefit.
- Organization or individual must demonstrate support through a letter from the appropriate entity for the program or project. Examples include, if your program will benefit the afterschool program, then a letter of support would need to be obtained from the Youth Services Supervisor with the City of Emeryville. If your program will be during the school day, a letter of support would need to be obtained from the
- Organization or individual applying are not required to be a non-profit or be sponsored by a non-profit fiscal agent, this is new to the 2024 process. A workshop will be held on February 8, 2024, at 10am, at City Hall to learn more about the benefits of having a fiscal agent and other questions regarding the application and process.
- Provide insurance indemnifying the City from damages of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage, including without limitation, blanket contractual liability for the duration of the Contract (how to get these policies will be discussed at the Feb 8 workshop) If you have questions regarding these policies and the cost of such policies please come.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit an application using the link below with attached supporting documents. An organization or individual may propose more than one program or project for consideration; however, each program or project requires a separate application.
When completing the application, please specify the amount that you anticipate you will need for your program or project and submit your application and supporting documents to the Community Services Department. All awards have a funding cap of Ten-Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) per application. Applicants will be invited to present their application(s) to a subcommittee of the Parks and Recreation Committee and the Public Art Committee for consideration. You will be asked to demonstrate your compliance with all requirements during the interview process. After consideration by the subcommittee, recommendations will be made to the Emeryville City Council. The City Council will approve or deny funding requests. If you receive approval for your funding request, an evaluation of your program or project will be required upon completion.
- Emeryville Business License
- Insurance Certificate
- Insurance Indemnification Form – Naming “City of Emeryville” as additionally insured.
Who shall I contact if I have questions about the Grants?
Questions regarding the Community Promotion Grants can be directed to Rebecca Sermeno, Community Service Director, at 510-450-4314.