Pictured - Doyle Hollis Park
For park rentals with 50 people or more, please visit the Community Event Permits page .
For rentals with 49 people or less, Emeryville features several parks that are available for private rental. These parks are perfect for your next family barbecue, children's birthday party, corporate picnic, wedding reception, or gathering of any type. The specific parks available are:
|Marina Park||3310 Powell Street|
|61st Street Park||61st and Doyle Street|
|Christie Avenue Park||6200 Christie Avenue|
|Stanford Avenue Park||Stanford Avenue and Doyle Street|
|Temescal Creek Park||Adeline and 47th Street|
|Doyle Hollis Park|| 1333 61st Street
|Peladeau Park||Powell Street & Hollis Street|
|Joseph Emery Skate Spot||Near San Pablo Between Park & 45th|
|Davenport Park||Powell Street near Trader Vics|
Park Permit Requirements - Step by Step GuidePark rentals require a permit issued by the City of Emeryville Community Services Department. Please complete the requirements listed below at least two weeks prior to the date of your event.
- Check park availability:
- Visit Emeryville.org/register
- Click on the ORANGE “Rentals” tab
- Click on the park you are interested in renting
- See the availability by clicking on the months next to each site/park to which days in that month are reserved. Available dates are in GREEN. ORANGE dates may have some availability. Click on the date to see the times available
- Pay application fee:
- Log in / create an account at Emeryville.org/register
- Click on the “Rental Application Fees” tab
- Add the "Park Rental Application Fee" to your cart and checkout
- Complete the Park Rental Guide and Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at 4727 San Pablo Avenue (Emeryville Center of Community Life, Building B).
- Once the application is reviewed the applicant will be contacted as soon as possible.
- If the application is approved or approved with conditions, all the associated fees must be paid and conditions must be met prior to the rental date.
- Once all fees are paid and the conditions of approval are met, a final permit will be issued.
Mandatory Permit Requirements
Compliance with Emeryville Green Ordinances: Recycling / Eco Food-Ware Flyer
Optional Permit Requirements
Depending on your event details, you may be asked to complete these requirements in order to receive your permit.
- Events with jumpers/bounce houses at Doyle Hollis Park:
- Permission to have a jumper/bounce house on City property must be approved by the Community Services Department and the applicant must communicate the bounce house company’s name to the Community Services Department.
- Events selling alcohol may only be served in a public park if being sold by a non-profit organization and that has:
- Submitted a valid "Daily License (Special One-Day Event Permit)" from the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) of California. To complete the application (ABC 221), you'll need permission from the Emeryville Police Department as the "landowner" signee. Contact the Police Department at 510-596-3700.
- Paid Public Alcohol Consumption Fees
- Permission from the Emeryville Police Department (via a written request to serve alcohol) is required. See the Sample Alcohol Request for the recommended formatting of the written request letter.
- Events using certain tents or canopies may be required to apply for a Tent and Canopy Permit from the Alameda County Fire Marshal. Download the Tent and Other Membrane Structures Informational Bulletin here. Contact the Fire Prevention Inspector if you have specific questions at 510-596-3759
Facility Rental Information
For a list of specific rental guidelines and facility details please click below.