Park Rentals

For park rentals with 50 people or more, please visit the Community Event Permits page.

For rentals with 49 people or less, Emeryville features several parks that are available for private rental. These parks are perfect for your next family barbecue, children's birthday party, corporate picnic, wedding reception, or gathering of any type.

Parks with Rentable Picnic Sites

Davenport Mini-Park
skate park 3
Stanford Ave Park

Park Permit Requirements - Step by Step Guide

Park rentals require a permit issued by the City of Emeryville Community Services Department. Please complete the requirements listed below at least two weeks prior to the date of your event.

  1. Check park availability:
    • Visit
    • Click on the ORANGE “Picnic Rentals” tab
    • Click on the park you are interested in renting
    • See the availability by clicking on the months next to each site/park to which days in that month are reserved. Available dates are in GREEN.
  2. Review the Park Permit Guide and Rental Fee List
  3. Reservation Processes:
    Picnic site can be reserved online or through the application process. 
    • Online Reservations:
      1. Visit to create or login to your account
      2. Click on the ORANGE "Picnic Rentals" Tab and select the picnic site you are requesting
      3. Select the date & time requested, add to your cart, and check out
      4. Complete all prompts and waiver agreements
      5. Complete the payment for the application fee. All other fees can be set to be paid later (due 14 days before the event date).
      6. Status of your request will be communicated within 7 business days of receipt
    • Application Process:
      1. Submit the application fee:
        • Visit to create or login to your account
        • Click on the "Rental Applications Fees" tab
        • Add the "Park Rental Application Fee" to your cart and checkout
          No communication will begin without the application fee submitted
      2. Download and complete the Park Rental Application and email it to or drop it off in person at the Emeryville Center of Community Life located at 4727 San Pablo Avenue Building B.
      3. Status of your request will be communicated within 7 business days of receipt

Mandatory Permit Requirements

Compliance with Emeryville Green Ordinances: Recycling / Eco Food-Ware Flyer

Optional Permit Requirements

Depending on your event details, you may be asked to complete these requirements in order to receive your permit.

  • Events with jumpers/bounce houses at Doyle Hollis Park:
    • Permission to have a jumper/bounce house on City property must be approved by the Community Services Department and the applicant must communicate the bounce house company’s name to the Community Services Department.
  • Events selling alcohol may only be served in a public park if being sold by a non-profit organization and that has:
    • Submitted a valid "Daily License (Special One-Day Event Permit)" from the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) of California. To complete the application (ABC 221), you'll need permission from the Emeryville Police Department as the "landowner" signee. Contact the Police Department at 510-596-3700.
    • Paid Public Alcohol Consumption Fees 
    • Permission from the Emeryville Police Department (via a written request to serve alcohol) is required. See the Sample Alcohol Request for the recommended formatting of the written request letter.
    • Events using certain tents or canopies may be required to apply for a Tent and Canopy Permit from the Alameda County Fire Marshal. Download the Tent and Other Membrane Structures Informational Bulletin here. Contact the Fire Prevention Inspector if you have specific questions at 510-596-3759.