For additional information on design criteria, contact the Building Division at 510-596-4310.
The following design criteria are applicable to all Emeryville projects:
- Wind zone - 85 mph
- Wind exposure 'B' - East of the freeway
- Wind exposure 'C' - West of the freeway
- Seismic loads - ASCE 7-10 (Note: ASCE is a referenced document of the CBC and thus is adopted by Emeryville.)
- Rain intensity - 3" per hour
- 2016 California Building Codes
The City of Emeryville lies between 2 km-10 km from the Hayward Fault. Projects in the City of Emeryville will be significantly affected by seismic events.