Tenants Facing Displacement

Know Your Rights
If you are a tenant facing displacement from your home because your landlord is going through foreclosure, beware of anyone who instructs you to vacate who does not have the authority to do so and/or is not following the legal process for doing so. For advice, contact a HUD-approved agency that provides tenant counseling, such as Housing Rights, ECHO, Consumer Credit Counselors of the East Bay, Project Sentinel, or NID-HCA. See the list of Housing Counseling Services for contact information for these agencies.