The "REC" 2022 Summer Camp!
SUMMER IS HERE!
Limited space, so don't delay, register today!
The City of Emeryville is excited to announce our summer camp program for 2022! Please see below for program details. This year, our program will return to a traditional camp style, separated by age/grade groups with Friday on-site or off-site field trips. Our top priority is to operate a camp that is as safe as possible for your children. At this time, all participants will not be required to wear a mask, but we encourage all of them to do so, along with social distancing when possible. These health requirements are subject to change at any time.
- Ages: Entering TK to entering 8th grade students (TK-8th grade)
- Program dates: Monday- Friday. June 20, 2022 - August 5, 2022 (closed on July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day)
- Program Times:7:30am - 5:30pm
- Drop off begins at 7:30am and ends at 9:30am. Breakfast ends at 9:30am
- Pick up begins at 4:00pm
- One week sessions: Payment covers the entire session, regardless of days attended. Prorated payments are not applicable due to missed days for any reason, including vacation, sickness, or disciplinary action in-parted by program staff.
- Elementary Program Group sizes: 4 groups of 20 Campers. Min.30/Max 80
- Middle School Group Size: 1 group Min.10/Max 18
- Enrichment offerings: Arts/Crafts, theatre/drama, sports/fitness, food crafts, outside play, park field trips, library field trips, STEM, academic games, swimming, field trips and more!. Offerings and field trips subject to change.
- Enrollment: To secure your spot in any session, a complete Civic Rec online application and full payment are required by the deadline outlined below. To hold a spot in multiple sessions, a $20 deposit is required per session. $10 per session for sliding scale families (if you wish to sign up for sliding scale, fill out this document and call our office at 510-596-4395). Your deposit will go toward your session payment. To secure the spot you've held with a deposit, the remaining balance must be paid in full by the deadlines below or your camper will be dropped from our roster. If you wish to enroll after a drop, you will be put at the bottom of the waitlist. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Full payments are non-transferable, and non-refundable after the payment deadline, and subject to a $10 administration fee prior to the deadline.
- Waitlist: Enrollment will be taken until each session is full. This may happen before or after the payment deadlines below.
- Food: Breakfast and Lunch are provided by the City of Oakland's Summer Feed Program, menus will be available to families once we receive them. Afternoon Snack is provided by the City of Emeryville. Please indicate any food allergies or preferences in your on-line application. Note: we provide vegetarian options but not vegan options.
*$10 sibling discount available (excluding sliding scale), breakfast/lunch/snack and field trips are included in the cost of enrollment, additional $15 field trip shirt replacement fee when applicable.
Priority Registration Window:
Emeryville Residents: April 20, 2022-April 24, 2022 at 9:00am
Registration Opens for All:
April 25, 2022 at 9:00am
To Register for the Program:
Step 1: Read the The Rec Camp 2022 Family Handbook and call with any questions.
Step 2: Go to your Civic Rec Account to complete the online registration process. Don't have an account? Register now: https://secure.rec1.com/CA/emeryville-ca/catalog
- Camp located under the Youth 5-12 Tab at the top of the page.
- Select the weekly sessions you'd like to sign up for
- Choose the participants you wish to enroll and put that camp in your cart
- Follow and completely fill out the prompts and waiver (New online application)
- To complete your payment, click pay in full or click the "add-on payment plan" to pay the $20 deposit ($5 non-resident fee will be added at check out if applicable). The remainder of the balance will be due by the deadlines above.
Your deposit will go toward your session payment and is non-refundable. To secure the spot you've held with a deposit, the remaining balance must be paid in full by the deadlines below or your camper will be dropped from our roster. If you wish to enroll after a drop, you will be put on the bottom of the waitlist.